2-Ingredient Jello Cups (No-Sugar-Added!)
This cool recipe is quick and easy to make. It’s perfect for a fun snack or light dessert!
Instead of using gelatin (a meat byproduct), this recipe uses the vegan-friendly alternative, Agar agar, which is easily found in grocery stores. Instead of being derived from animal sources, agar
agar comes from red algae. It has no calories, carbohydrates or fat—and no flavor, either.
You can usually find agar agar flakes on the same aisle as seaweed wrappers for making sushi. This recipe calls for flakes (not powder).
Prep Time: 10 minutes • Cook Time: 5 mins • Refrigerate Time: 1 hour
- 4 cups no-sugar-added fruit juice (First batch: I used blended watermelon w/ seeds removed. Another batch: 100% grape juice is good, too)
- 6 TBSP Eden Foods Agar Agar Flakes
- Add fruit juice to a large saucepan and sprinkle in the agar agar flakes.
- Heat over medium, stirring frequently, until all of the agar agar flakes are dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly, then pour into shallow glass container.
- Optional: Add/disperse fresh berries or other small fruit chunks (kiwi, pineapple, etc.)
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill and set. Serve after 1 hour or when fully chilled and firm to the touch.
- Store leftover jello cups in the fridge for up to one week!